VP of Operations and Business Development:
Are you an expert in creating and scaling SaaS businesses initiatives?
Do you want to help teams do their best work? Do you think a picture is worth a thousand words? Does the idea of building and scaling a sales team on top of a proven product that already has over 20,000 customers get you excited? If so...keep reading.
Gliffy is the world’s most widely used online diagramming application for teams and is committed to helping people communicate their best ideas visually and get work done. We are currently seeking a VP of Operations and Business Development reporting to the CEO to help the team achieve this goal. This is a unique opportunity to join and shape a fast growing company that has never taken outside investment.
You will define and implement strategies to accelerate the growth of the company, build and lead a team, and strengthen a culture around operations excellence and growth. You will work on both improving existing programs and developing and iterating on entirely new ways to find and more deeply engage with customers.
What you’ll do at Gliffy
- Lead and grow a world class team of inside sales, business development, and customer support personnel to achieve results.
- Substantially grow reseller revenue and build new distribution channels for the sales of the software.
- Right-size non-engineering related processes for the company as it scales its efforts.
- Work with the CEO on various strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Perhaps most importantly, LEARN A LOT AND HAVE FUN!
What we’d like you to have
- Proven track record of hiring and managing top talent in a small but fast growing company
- Attention to detail. Knows when to roll-up your sleeves and when to leverage help from others.
- Excellent communication skills. You seek out constructive criticism and feedback as a natural part of your process.
- A bias towards action, getting feedback from customers, measurement and iteration
- Ideally you have led business development, inside sales and operations in an organization around 20-40 people in size and have scaled that to an organization 100+ in size before and want to do it again.
- Dynamics and opportunity of a startup with the financial upsides of a business that has already achieved product market fit and profitability
- An opportunity to re-invent and shape how operations, sales, customer support and business development is done in the company and have a huge impact on the business
- Great/unique company culture based around flexibility to work remotely up to 2 days a week
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Shared ownership of the company
- 401K Contribution
- 2 week Xmas Break
- Full medical and dental coverage along with additional perks
- A budget for professional development and conferences
- Working on something that over 20,000 companies and organizations use
- We believe in providing real value to the world and strive to create products that we can be proud of.
- We believe in true teamwork. Everyone aims to help everyone else be successful.
- We believe in helping our employees grow and reach their full potential.
Here is some more about the company. www.gliffy.com.
Over two million people have signed up to use our SaaS application, along with notable customers like Oracle, Twitter, Pandora and Adobe. Gliffy is a cloud-based diagramming software tool set used to create flow and organization charts, mind maps, venn diagrams, database schemas, and any number of visual presentations. We're the rare startup that is actually funded by millions of customers who love us. We've bootstrapped our way to profitability. Gliffy is now focused on expanding and launching our product offerings into new directions, while maintaining the utmost satisfaction of our customers and employees. We’re deeply dedicated to our users and consistently receive high ratings from them.